Friday, April 29, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Some facts about Jack:
1. He still hates the swing.
2. He's in between sizes right now. Somewhere between NB and 0-3
3. Weighs 10.5 lbs this week
4. LOVES his bath. See below..
5. Loves to snuggle. Would rather be held than anything else.
6. Bought his first plane ticket to Grammy's house this summer!
7. Is finally sleeping a little better at night
Yep, here's Jack asleep in the tub. He got so relaxed tonight that he just konked out! I told you he loves a bath....
Friday, April 15, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Jack must think were complete clowns. Hopefully the fun lovable kind, not the scary Steven King kind. Someone asked Daron the other day if fatherhood was going to turn him into a fuddy-duddy. "Heck no! If anything, now I have a prop!" Some unexpected things I've discovered in the last month:
1. A new kind of tired that I didn't know existed.
2. Along with that new kind of tired, the inability to sleep deeply anymore. I'm always listening for that cry in the back of my consciousness.
3. People treat you better when you have a cute baby. Cashiers, waiters, even the customer service counter at Target! They've never once been nice to me before!
4. Instant friends. Other baby-toting individuals will go out of their way to ask about your baby, how old he is, etc.
5. That motherhood will stretch you in ways you didn't expect, and you don't even mind. One word: suppository!
A couple of my new favorite things:
1. Watching Jack sleep- I could do it for hours. If only he would do it for hours.. Which he doesn't. Hence, the new kind of tired.
2. Listening to Daron and Jack's heart-to-heart talks over the baby monitor.
3. Baby jammies. There's nothing cuter than a baby in pajamas. Especially after you've slicked them up in Baby Magic!
4. Jack's wide-eyed gaze when you're feeding him in the middle of the night. Like he is studying you intensely. I'd love to know what he's thinking.
5. Finally feeling like I have a family! Sure, we were a family before, but these days we feel far more complete....
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011