Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day - Part One

For Memorial Day weekend, we took a trip south to Columbia, SC to visit the Crutchfield family. I’m not even exaggerating when I say that Jack is honestly my OLDEST friend. We played together as kids, and ventured into Kindergarten together. We both grew up in the desert southwest, and still only live 3 hours apart! I lost touch with Jack over the last couple years, and was lucky that he looked me up on Facebook! To all you Facebook haters out there (Daron), here’s a redeeming fact for you: Old friends find each other again, and good things happen!!**

We really had a blast. The spouses met each other, and Jack’s daughter Megan kept us all entertained. There was a trip to the lake, a picnic, reminiscing over pictures, a really nice dinner out, an even BETTER dinner in, and a session of Guitar Hero that still has my fingers arthritic. We have plans to go back soon- hopefully with less rain this time.

**the author cannot endorse any “good things” that happen when rekindling relationships with people on Facebook that happen to be ex-boyfriends/girlfriends. Yes, my mother will remind me that I smooched Jack in the back seat of the bus once, but we were five, and I think the statute of limitations has run out on that one.


**Yes, the picture is off center. That's what happens when the 7 year old takes the picture!
P.S. I thought Jack's wife Becky was the most darling person I'd ever met.

No comments: