Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The week of RUSH


About a month ago, I had the opportunity to fly to Seattle and spend some time with my brother and his family, as well as my best friends from growing up in Las Cruces. Some of us have known each other from gradeschool! The common goal was for everyone to attend the Rush concert at the Gorge, but it was awesome to get to spend a few days with my old friends. Interestingly enough, we all fell back into our old selves. All the old jokes were still funny, and it was like no time had passed at all.




We golfed 18 holes at McCormack Woods




We took a boat tour through the locks, and around the Sound..

We even saw my FAVORITE boat from the show "The Deadliest Catch"... The NORTHWESTERN!!! No, I didn't see any of the crew hanging out....


The highlight of the week, by far, was the RUSH concert. For most of us, we've seen them anywhere from 15-20 times, so you might consider us veterans. The venue they played at is called the Gorge, and it's literally out in the middle of nowhere. You either camp out that night after the concert, or you drive 2 hours back to Seattle in the middle of the night. We chose to camp!!!



The show was probably the best I've seen out of 17+ shows. The energy was great, and everyone was having a blast. I can't wait to get together with these guys again. Hopefully it will be sooner than later!!

No comments: