Thursday, April 23, 2009

I need a vacation after my vacation

Ugggg. I really do feel that way today. After a wonderful week+ in Seattle, I'm back in Raleigh, and not feeling very motivated. I'm still swamped at work, behind on YW stuff, Girls Camp coming up, and a filthy house that hung in limbo while I was off playing. And I can't seem to find the energy to pick it all up again. And I miss that little Lucy! I miss plucking her out of her crib at 6am sharp, and warm bottles, and making her laugh. And the way she would dance for you every time music would come on. You moms really have the good life, you know it? I know it's hard for you sometimes, but I really loved the little taste I had. Such an angel.. Here's a picture I took of her picking dandelions with her dad at Snoqualmie Falls:
Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Shelly is back safe and sound. I know that Daron was definitely ready for me to come home. Nine days of eating his own cooking might have scarred him for life. Dr. Carr asked me if he was skinnier when I got back, and I think that he might have been. The dog looked skinnier too, now that I think about it. It sure is nice to be needed! While I was in Seattle, my sister-in-law Sherri came and met me out there. It was her first trip to Seattle, and also her birthday weekend. For her birthday, I took her to the Space Needle, where we took these fabulous pictures:

We got some great shopping in (thanks Bellevue! thanks H&M!), and the weather was wonderful for the most part. I think the day that we were at the Space Needle was the best though. All in all, a wonderful trip, but it's good to be home. It's nice to spend time with family, but there's something to be said for sleeping in your own bed. Am I right?

2 comments:

Berri said...

As someone who spent 2 weeks in Beijing before 4 days in Seattle - AMEN... own bed is great...

Jenny said...

I am glad you're back!